This initiative is funded through the 10YFP Trust Fund established by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP). The project was selected through an open 10YFP Trust Fund Call for Proposals for Sustainable Lifestyles and Education Programme with the financial support of the Government of Japan.
Project duration: May 2017 – October 2018
The main objective of the project
The project main objective is to contribute to the SLE Programme of the 10YFP objective 3 (Develop tools and incentives, provide capacity-building for achieving sustainable lifestyles and disseminating good practices) by promoting the practical use of renewable energy and energy efficiency in rural Armenia for climate change mitigation and environmental sustainability.
The project specific objectives are:
- Strengthen the target communities providing them with modern mechanisms for solar energy use, opportunities to enhance local initiatives for improving quality of life and the environment;
- Reduce energy costs (up to 50%) of the involved communities via implementation of renewable solar energy pilots
In 2020, the Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES) published a report that includes Armenia project, Co-Creating Sustainable Ways of Living 17 Stories of On-the-Ground Innovations. For details please visit:
Project activities implemented within the framework of the project:
Information materials produced within the framework of the project:
- Construction of a Solar Dryer
- Use of Solar Energy in Water Heaters
- Outdoor Lighting and Street Lighting
- Solar oven
Power Point Presentations