The overall goal of the project is to help ensure effective protection of biodiversity and sustainable management of natural resources in southern Armenia, providing an operational model that can contribute to development in the Caucasus region.
- Assist administration of Khosrov NR in development of a visitors program according to international criteria, in order to attract local and international tourists, generate additional income, and create more space for involvement of local communities.
- Strengthening Shikahogh NR in order to effective protect biodiversity, manage protected area in a sustainable manner, and integrate concerns of the local population and public.
- Awareness raising on biodiversity issues and community development by target PAs
AWHHE is implementing raising awareness of schoolchildren in communities neighboring protected areas (in 7 villages)
1. Prepare raising awareness plan
2. Print information materials (booklets, leaflets)
3. Implement of raising awareness plan in the following villages of Southern Armenia:
- Kotayq Marz: Garni
- Ararat Marz: Vedi, Urcadzor
- Vayots Dzor Marz: Yelpin, Areni
- Syuniq Marz: Tatev, Meghri
“Living in Biodiversity “
Provide skills and knowledge to school children as an opportunity for participation in conservation of biodiversity.
- Raise awareness of school children about environmental information concerning to biodiversity in the village Hayanist during the project implementation.
- Establishment of an ecological club in Hayanist school for school children till the end of the second month of the project implementation.
- Organizing of field classes for giving practical skills to school children in identification and conservation of plants.
The behavior of rural population will be change d and they will recognize their important role in conservation and protection of the environment. School children as a turget audience of the project will gaine knowledge and practical skills about the environment and its prot e ction. After the end of the project the ecological club will continue acting and will provide sustainable environmental information. The established ecological club can serve as an example for other schools on developing alternative education methods. The awarene s of school children on environmental information and biodiversity conservation will increase on 50%.
Healthy Environment for Our Children – Healthy Generation for Armenia